Free pizza is really nice. Especially when it's paid for by someone else. Making it free.
Oh, and guest speakers to listen to while eating your pizza is cool too I guess.
I had free pizza last month while attending the PRSA's event at the Pizza Factory where Pete Codella, my supervisor at my job, spoke to a group of public relations professionals and students. He discussed social media marketing, specifically explaining 10 tools that he uses to leverage social media marketing to make it worthwhile.
Well, being as I work for him, I already knew about most of the tools he was talking about, as we used them for our clients. But I learned though the importance of networking while I was there. I met some other PRSSA members there who were attending UVU studying PR. As we discussed what we were working on, wheels started turning as to how we could help each other in our individual projects. They were doing a project about speakers and could use a band and/or musicians to promote it, and we were looking for more people to know about our band at UVU. We exchanged information and some good conversations came from it. I need to keep networking at future events, because you never know how you can help someone.
-Coleman
No comments:
Post a Comment