Saturday, February 22, 2014

Alright. Call me crazy, but, I really did miss going to class this week. I mean I love my other classes, but they just don't compare with the excitement that is MCom.

Speaking of Mcom, you've probably noticed that it's quite applicable to real life. Writing our "CLOUD" paragraphs was quite useful for me this week, as I just wrote things I would normally write, but applied the magial acronym to them. Having to go back and check that they lived up to the standards of the all-knowing CLOUD formula made my writing top notch. It was then that I decided... I'm going to use CLOUD style writing... for the rest of my life. I hope my future spouse is OK with that.

Let's see if I can remember what CLOUD stands for off the top of my head.

  • C-cohesion
  • L -Length
  • O-
  • U-Unity
  • D-Development
So, I can't remember what O stands for. But I'll look it up and memorize it, because, like I said, this is going to be a lifelong commitment. 

-Coleman



PS I've been dying to talk about "twitch plays Pokemon" with all of my classes this week, but the opportunity has never arisen, so you, my friends, are the lucky ones. Basically, 90,000 people are all playing Pokémon as the same character, at the same time on the internet. It's absolutely brilliant.

Here is the explanation:

Here is the actual game, streaming live (you can control it, just type in your commands):

1 comment:

  1. Ya, why weren't you at class and I was wondering why... Jooooost Khiiiiidding!
    CLOUD Paragraphs are taking over your life a little. I think they have councilors specifically designed for CLOUD Paragraph addiction.
    Also, organization...which I am sure you have looked up by now and you've probably even re-read that entire section of the book. But just in case you haven't.
    Also, you did a really good job on the presentation, stop beating yourself up for crossing your arms, you goose!
    Confession: I stopped reading your blog at " Pokemon". Sorry!

    ReplyDelete