Sunday, March 2, 2014

So there I was in Church. Spirit was great, learning was cool. Then it hit me. I should get my old BMX bike from when I was a kid and ride it at the skatepark all the time. Wow.

Turns out this is one of many thoughts that have been a-brewin' in my brain this week since we did our mock interviews. You see, I "interviewed" for a job at a mountain biking company, as I am super into bikes. Once I did that, I started thinking, "what if I got the job??" and, "I could bike all the time!!" My mind has been wandering ever since, thinking of all the perks. Today was no exception.

In the interview, I learned that body language speaks very loudly. I crossed my arms at the beginning, which resulted in me looking closed off. Need to work on that.

I also learned something else on a completely different topic. It is hard to be a woman in the workplace. Women have to juggle responsibilities and dreams in their life in a more delicate way than their male counterparts. You see, men simply need to provide for a family and look after them, not actually birth them. Women on the other hand do. They have to take time out of their life to go through all this pain and difficulty to have a baby. Then they have to like, take care of it all the time. Though that's tough, tougher than that is making the choice to do it and leave work.

I've learned lots, but I have much more to think about.

-Coleman

PS this is the first bike I ever owned, a Specialized Fatboy. Flames and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment