Turns out I've taken classes in media-related subjects since elementary school. It started with Mavis Beacon (and Oregon trail) in 4th grade, continued in a multimedia class in middle school, and ended with 3 years of graphic communications classes in high school. Throughout all of them my knowledge of technology and software improved, culminating in what I know now. It hit me hard today that I choose those classes. I decided what I wanted to learn, and I am a product of those things. I learned that learning is a decision.
It's true that some things in life we can't control. You can call it fate, destiny, luck, or whatever. Learning, however, IS something we can control. If you want to learn powerpoint, it's up to you to open it up and start making things, or take a class about it, or ask that paperclip guy in the bottom left corner of the program that's always yelling at you. Either way, if you want to learn something, you can. Just choose to do it. That's how you will learn better than you are now. Choose to do it, and do it.
I hope I can continue to learn, because someday, someone else is going to think I know how to do something and I want to be able to say that I can.
-C
PS- Originally this post was going to be called, "Nothing that has happened so far has been anything we can control", named after a song I like by the band Tame Impala. Well, turns out that song name is the exact opposite of the point I'm making, so I changed the title. BUT here is the song. It's super trippy and awesome. Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment