So writing is so useful! I write all the time. I didn't really think about that until this week. I do. Quite often. Like I am... right now. And probably will later.
This week I helped my friend Nic write some Facebook posts for our band. We did a contest to see who is the "sexiest man" is in the band. We had to come up with creative and funny bios for each member. He asked me to write mine at like 1 a.m., so I was a little "tired drunk" as I like to call it. I came up with some HILARIOUS stuff. Here's a sample of what I wrote for myself:
"Meet contestant #3 - Coleman Barker Edwards.
A man of many colors, Coleman is from the heart. He isn't always, but when he is. If he isn't alone, he's with someone.
His mission statement: http://i.imgur.com/7gIyAxS.jpg
As Finn the human from Adventure Time said, "Like BAM, fresh out the grease." Couldn't have said it better without... himself."
Yes, I purposely used incorrect grammar, because it's funny that way. It was so fun though to write stuff that people would laugh at. I came up with a bunch of other stuff, but that was the best of it.
I am excited to keep writing throughout my life, and keep all of the things I've learned in MCom too!
-Coleman
Here is the link to my band's Facebook page. Also, I will shamelessly admit that I won the contest.
www.facebook.com/redyetimusic
That is gold. Having a talent or love for writing is so beneficial in so many ways (including winning contests among band members).
ReplyDeleteP.S. I listened to some of your band's music. Good stuff man! You'll have to let me know the next time you guys are performing.