The title has something to do with this post. I promise on the honor of the magic eagle egg.
Go ahead and start here (watch the .gifs):
http://imgur.com/gallery/jRrUK
OK. Notice how Nacho goes through a lot of hard work before his big fight. He plans, gathers materials, collaborates with his only-believing-in-science ring-mate, and then works hard to achieve his goal. Yeah, that's what research is all about, as I learned this week; Research leads to solutions. Just like Nacho's amazing uniform gave him credibility, motivation, and ideas, so does our research.
You see, as we were brainstorming ideas for our group project, it occurred to me that you really have to have a reason to create something. You can't just sit down, "be creative", and invent something that will make you tons of moo-lah. Rather, you have to really understand a problem well enough to see the real pain points are that people are going through. Then you figure out how to solve it. Our group did that this week, and we did it well. Look forward to some awesome ideas in our presentation. Ca-chow.
-Coleman

Get that corn outta my face!
ReplyDeleteYou're very right. In order for creativity to flow, you have to be passionate about what problem you are solving. I have found that I have the most intelligent thoughts and ideas when I am excited.
Great insight! Your example is probably the best application to brainstorming I have ever heard. I will think of this every time I have to do a group project now!
ReplyDeleteThis post reminds me of Inception. Leo talks about the power of an idea. Ideas are the initiation point. It is where everything starts for a good action. Well executed.
ReplyDelete